Thursday, July 26, 2007

Us church people know how to PARTY!!


I thought I would just show everyone how much fun we have at church. This picture is from the Youth Picnic and I am participating in the "Poor Man's Dunking Booth". The 'dunker' got a bucket of water and the 'dunkee' sat in a folding chair. How close the chair was to the 'dunker' wielding the bucket depended on how many beanbags the 'dunker' got into a cut-out clown's mouth. In any case, I had no idea how many youth had it out for me! I got really wet, as you can see...but my fabulous orange shoes survived! The chocolate syrup on my shirt is the result of another game. Needless to say there wasn't enough Oxyclean in my laundry room to save that cute little yellow t-shirt. Anyway, I got my hair cut yesterday so it no longer looks like it does in the picture. Now it is an inch long on top and shorter every where else. It is 'wash and go' and totally fabulous.

8 comments:

Rachel V. Olivier said...

You're such a good sport!

Jim said...

Okay two things.

When my friend Brad's mother got a fabulous short Midwestern Wash-N-Go haircut, he told her, "Mother, you need to make sure you never leave your house without jewelry and lipstick or people are going to think you're a lesbian." One week after he had issued his warning, his mother and another female friend were playing doubles tennis with another female team. After, the couple invited his mother and friend out for drinks... to a local lesbian bar!

As for the Poor man's dunking booth, I had no idea VBS had wet T-shirt contests!!!

The T-Dude said...

"As for the Poor man's dunking booth, I had no idea VBS had wet T-shirt contests!!!"

To quote the Seinfeld show:

They are real and they are spectacular.

Jim said...

And they're yours!
(when appropriate permission is given, of course)

Carolyn said...

Believe me, if VBS had wet t-shirt contests, I wouldn't have won. I come from a church full of busty women.
Jim...my question is; did your friend's mom go to the lesbian bar for a drink? I would have.

Jim said...

Oh no... she was flattered, but they had dinner plans with their husbands.

As for the Wet T-shirt Contest, I've learned from MTV Spring Break Specials, it doesn't matter how big your boobs, are, you've got to enter it win it!

I don't Mrs Needermier letting us soak her silk/poly blend blouse just to teach the children 1 Corinthians 9:25 - "Everyone who enters an athletic contest goes into strict training. They do it to win a temporary crown, but we do it to win one that will be permanent."

Well maybe for a Bible verse she might...

Anonymous said...

I think it's just awesome that you were praying just before the water hit you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for the ideas for next year's VBS Games!

- Bubbles