Monday, July 23, 2007

Stupid Harry Potter Book

I am so sorry I haven't posted lately! Things around here have been nuts, but I'll get into that later. Suffice it to say that last week was our church's Vacation Bible School and I was a teacher. I have LOTS of material from that little experience!
In any case, I spent all weekend reading the new Harry Potter book. Now, like a fucking moron, I am really sad and crying about the series being over. Last night I was re-reading the end out loud with Tony (trying to clarify some of the more confusing parts...yes, I am a grown up who had questions about a children's book ending. Pathetic, but true.) and I just kept crying and saying, "Stupid book." Not because I think the book is stupid, but because I felt stupid crying over it. I am just too fucking sensitive! But, more about that later.
After dinner (which I am eating in a real live restaurant without kid's menus and crayons) I am going to post again. I swear. Really.

4 comments:

Rachel V. Olivier said...

I cried. A lot. Right there with ya.

Jim said...

I knew it was Jesus keeping you away from us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not commenting on the end of the Harry Potter Series. I would have had to kill you. I am looking forward to your VBS stories. You had some great kids and some REALLY strange kids in your class.

- Bubbles

Chandra Rooney said...

It is the fact that a children's book required thought and attention to read that delighted me.

Love your blogger profile!