Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Hero


I went to see the Foo Fighters on Monday night. To say that the show rocked would be an understatement. Dave Grohl spent so much time whipping his hair around I was amazed that he didn't fall off the stage. He also says "fucking" a lot. I didn't know you could effectively use the word "fucking" in a sentence 5 times, but he did. Makes him sound like a fucking rock star, I guess. Or, as I am sure Dave would correct me, a fucking GRAMMY WINNING rock star.
I loved the show. It was a riot. I will tell more later, but I did want to give a quick shout out to my husband who bought me a fabulous Foo Fighters hoodie at the concert. It was the coolest thing at the rock 'n roll show souvenir stand and I got one!! Tony is THE BOMB.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Hmmm... this reminds me of how boring my life is, I haven't gone to a concert in an extremely long time, like ten years or so.

TheHMC said...

Way jealous over here. *whining* I wanna go to a Foo Fighters concert and get a hoodie tooooooooo!

I've been to maybe 4 concerts in my life. It's one of those things that I'm a HUGE music lover and would kill to go to more, but the kidlets suck up all of my spare energy AND change.

I was lucky enough to see New Kids on the Block back in the diz-ay. I was 12.. you can't make fun of me.
LL Cool J when I was 18. That's my excuse for that one. I was 18 lol.
Cher was a great one.. saw her on her final farewell tour. It would've been a lovely evening had it not been for the hags behind us that were drunk off of their asses. My Grandmother even went to that one, despite the fact that it took her a half hour just to climb the stairs.
The most recent one would be Gwen Stefani last May. Kick ass, she is. I went with my mom- it was her birthday gift to me.. and it rocked.

Next time.. take me with you!

Anonymous said...

Your hoodie is very nice. I am glad you and Tony had a great time at the concert. But, they're no Rick Springfield...

Carolyn said...

Yes, yes...I realize they're no Rick Springfield. I guess they decided to go the "sold out huge auditorium" route rather than the "free concert at the county fair" route. Silly Foo Fighters!!

Anonymous said...

Frontier Days is no county fair! It is one of the highlights of the summer in the suburbs!

Love that you added the playlist. Now I can listen to see what kind of crap, I mean, great music you like.

Julie said...

Oh Lucky You! I love the Foo Fighters. And I adore concert Tshirts and Hoodies. I think something may be wrong with me. I have a bit of an obsession about screen printed crap.